Aadhar card has become a mandatory document in India, without which you cannot do any government or non-government work. You get almost all the information related to this from mobile. But still a large population in the country is of those people who do not use the Internet. Keeping such people in mind, UIDAI has launched such a feature in which you will get many facilities without internet. Let us know about these features and features.
New facility of UIDAI
UIDAI continuously keeps on offering facilities for the common customers. UIDAI has started some such services related to Aadhaar, which you can get through SMS. For this, you do not need to open the UIDAI website through the Internet nor do you need to download the Aadhaar app. You do not even need a smartphone for this. Anyone can get these services even from a simple feature phone, which does not have internet facility.
Many facilities including virtual ID will be available
With this special feature, users can take advantage of many facilities related to Aadhaar such as generation or retrieval of Virtual ID (VID), locking or unlocking their Aadhaar, biometric locking and unlocking. Under this, you can take advantage of whatever facility or service you want by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number to the helpline number 1947. Let us know how you can get Aadhaar related services with just one SMS.
Generate Virtual ID like this
- To generate Virtual ID, you go to the message box of your mobile.
- Here enter GVID (SPACE) and last 4 digits of your Aadhar number and send it to 1947.
- Now to get your VID, type- RVID (SPACE)
- Now enter the last four digits of your Aadhaar number.
- You can get OTP in two ways. First through your Aadhaar number, second through your VID.
- For Aadhaar to OTP type- GETOTP (space) and enter the last four digits of your Aadhaar.
- For VID to OTP type – GETOTP (space) and enter last 6 digits of your official virtual ID in SMS.
How to Lock and Unlock Aadhaar
Now you can lock or unlock your Aadhaar with just one SMS. With this, no person can misuse your Aadhaar. You can lock it whenever you want and unlock it when you want to use it. To lock your Aadhaar, you must have a VID.
Lock Aadhaar through SMS like this
- In the first SMS, go to TEXT and enter ‘GETOTP’ (SPACE) and the last four digits of your Aadhaar number.
- The second SMS should be sent immediately after receiving the OTP. Enter this LOCKUID (SPACE) last 4 digits of your Aadhaar (SPACE) 6 digit OTP
How to un-lock Aadhaar through SMS
- Type ‘GETOTP’ (SPACE) in the SMS box, then enter the last 6 digits of your VID.
- 2. Send another SMS in which write UNLOCK (SPACE) and the last 6 digits of your VID (SPACE) 6 digit OTP.